Microfinance Works as a Tool for Poverty Reduction in Rural Bangladesh
Zebun Nesa Hyder
Page Numbers : 529-533
DOI : 10.36348/sjef.2020.v04i11.005
Introduction: According to the World Bank, poverty is measured by income. Bangladesh uses microcredit as an anti-poverty tool for reducing poverty. The aim of the study is to find out the impact of microcredit on poverty reduction in rural Bangladesh. Methods: This study run by following qualitative and quantitative research process based on secondary data recorded from 2002 to 2012. Study data as number microcredit borrowers have been calculated from Microfinance Information Exchange (MIX) Market Database and rest of the data are collected from the World Bank, Household Income & Expenditure Survey Report and relevant literatures. Result: Microcredit has an impact on the income poverty reduction. During the last decade, income poverty had reduced 1.5% in Bangladesh. So, MFIs are not necessary for reducing poverty because if income is increased, it depends on the poor people how they will utilize their money. Conclusion: From this study we found that microfinance can reduce the poverty by giving credit loan and generating income.
Nov. 25, 2020
Novel Methods for Detection of Biological Samples, Current Direction and Future Perspectives Mahpara Qamar, Ghulam Ammad Mustafa, Sobia Tariq, Hamza Rafeeq, Maria Rafiq, Wajahat Zahra
Mahpara Qamar, Ghulam Ammad Mustafa, Sobia Tariq, Hamza Rafeeq, Maria Rafiq, Wajahat Zahra Naqvi, Noman Yashir, Rizwana Jabeen, Tooba Kanwal
Page Numbers : 253-259
DOI : 10.36348/sjls.2020.v05i11.003
The biosensor tool which is used in the fields of area of a good life such as research related to medicine, public health-care , in the monitoring of the environment, now a days scientist make more advancement. The modification in the field of technology which is really helpful in the making of the biochip and they provided all of the instrument needed to require make a detection tool, and a system with the micro fluid are place on the chip, sampler, probe, amplifier, detector, and a logic circuit and these biosensor provide the simple, reagent free, label free, monitoring with real time and application with the low cost. In the field of medical this would be very helpful in the production of the low cost detection of the analytic and use in the home such as the glucometer which tell us about the blood glucose concentration and can accordingly administrate the concentration of the insulin in the body, the detection of the disease becomes more easy as we cannot send the sample for the detection in the laboratory which is really time consuming and costly procedure. In the field of environment monitoring biosensor can detect the various target present in the environment, beside from the specialized laboratories and the devices which is portable and development research step from the initial form to its product which require the intention and the collaboration of the different science and technology universities and many other institute of research, stake holder and investor should also pay intention toward the development of these kind of technologies.
Nov. 23, 2020
Influence of Microbes in Progression of Cancer and DNA Damaging Effects
Virus uses components of the host cell to complete its life cycle. Some viruses can cause or contribute to the development of cancer. Unlike other viruses, such as influenza viruses, that cause an acute infection, oncogenic viruses often cause long-term, persistent infections. Several studies also involved in the toxicity in progression of cancer caused by different microbes. Microorganisms and their metabolic byproducts, or impact of chronic inflammation, may also be linked to oral cancers. Helicobacter pylori colonize the human stomach and duodenum. In some cases it can cause stomach cancer. Salmonella Typhi has been linked to gallbladder cancer but may also be useful in delivering chemotherapeutic agents for the treatment of melanoma, colon and bladder cancer. Saponins reduced the risks of the occurring of the cancer during advanced age. It has special structure that active for the frightening against the cells of the cancer. The concentrations and attacking power of the microbes as well as the other pathogens directly related to the concentration of the compounds such as the saponins that taken through diet as the right composition. Saponins in other way acting as the antioxidants to prevent the cancer. When the cells of the cancer attacked on the normal one then became difficult to stop the process of the metastasis. Saponins also showed activity against the nonfunctional cells of the lungs that have been attacked due to certain cause’s cancer.
Original Research Article
Nov. 20, 2020
Thyroid Status of Hypothyroid Infertile Women: A Study in a Tertiary Care Hospital of Bangladesh
Dr. Mst. Jesmin Akter, Dr. Shahanaz Ahmed, Dr. Mohammad Kamal Hossain
Page Numbers : 704-707
DOI : 10.36348/sjmps.2020.v06i11.006
Background: The prevalence of hypothyroidism in the reproductive age group is found up to 4%. In many studies it had been claimed that, thyroid status is directly involved in women reproductive system. Although it differs in several places, communities, geographic areas and age-groups but it deserves more attention from the reproductive health physicians and even from world communities. Hypothyroidism can be easily detected by assessing serum thyroid stimulating hormone levels. Aim of the study: The aim of this study was to dig out the prevalence of hypothyroidism in infertile women and to assess their responses in treatment procedures. Methods and Materials: This was a descriptive observational study conducted in Cumilla Medical College and Hospital, Cumilla, Bangladesh, during the period from January 2019 to December 2019. In total 128 women attended the infertility Unit of the mentioned hospital for fertility treatment were finalized as the study population of this study. The regular investigations CBC, blood sugar of 2 hours GTT, TSH and Prolactin was done. Hypothyroidism was diagnosed when increased TSH and normal FT4. Levothyroxin were given hypothyroid patients depending upon TSH levels. Results: Total 128 participants 56.25% (n=72) were with primary infertility and the rest 43.75 %(n=56) were with secondary infertility. In total 23% (n=29) participants were hypothyroid whereas the rest 77% (n=99) participants were euthyroid and/or hyperthyroid. Among the hypothyroid (n=29) participants, 20 were subclinical hypothyroid which was 69% among hypothyroid participants and 15.63% among the total participants. In total 9 were frank hypothyroid which was 31% among hypothyroid participants and 7.03% among the total participants. We found, the mean (±SD) S. TSH, S. FT4 and S. Prolactin were 7.23±2.45 mIU/L, 16.95±3.32 pmol/l and 51.83 ±10.70 ng/ml respectively. Conclusion: According to the findings of this study we can conclude that, careful diagnosis and treatment....
Original Research Article
Nov. 19, 2020
Renewal of Healthcare Funding Systems by National Health Insurance in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (NHI)
Prof. Dr. Sharifah Ezat Wan Puteh, Prof. Dr. Azimatun Noor Aizuddin, Abdulaziz Abdullah Al Salem
Page Numbers : 236-245
DOI : 10.36348/sjls.2020.v05i11.001
The aim of this paper is to discuss the current structure of the Saudi health care system, and to assess financing healthcare services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) by implementing national health insurance. The paper focuses on improving Saudi Arabia's health care system as a national health insurance system is being introduced. The aim of this policy reform is to increase investment in the healthcare sector by the private sector and to reduce government costs for health services. Access to healthcare, sustainability, costs and quality of care, adaptation of new technologies and the use of health services are all expected to have a positive impact. We are reviewing the current health literature and the latest health reform of Saudi Arabia. In this area, the importance of public health: improving the health system is intended to improve the outcomes of community health. Whether it will have the desired impact will be clear as Saudi Arabia embarks on this move. In addition, if Saudi Arabia succeeds in providing high-quality healthcare to this segment of the population, expatriate healthcare in different countries is a challenge; other countries will follow the Saudi model. The purpose of this study is to analyze the existing structure of Saudi health systems, to assess the funding programs for health care in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) by introducing national health insurance schemes and to propose improvements.
Our Major Indexing Services
Contents are Open Access
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.